RE: RE: OT Who knows about a fax machine with a USB hook up

  • Subject: RE: [iris] RE: OT Who knows about a fax machine with a USB hook up
  • From: "Steve Szabo" steve@familyszabo.com
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 07:08:38 -0400

I also prefer those printers that are connected via ethernet ports. So much
more flexible on placement (depending on your wiring), and I've never had a
problem connecting to them. I get at least one call a month concerning a USB
printer that is no longer recognized. Sometimes it is as simple as pulling
the cable and reinserting it to the PC, other times it calls for a complete
removal and fresh installation of the software. Most likely it has to do
with the vendor's software than the actual electronics, but I simply don't
have the time to follow up to make that determination. All vendors seem to
have the problem, not a specific one, so I suspect the technology may have
problems itself, or at least the implementation of the technology, since
keyboards and mice also seem to be affected. I have one client who is always
having a problem with a USB attached hard drive, which usually leads to a
reboot to resolve the issue.

\\Steve//