SPEC: In Bloom Today

Greetings.

In bloom today here at Chateau Whitehall, the white forms of Iris tectorum
and Iris cristata. In most season the tectorum blooms May 1, so we are
advanced.  I've never had the cristata bloom with the tectorum before.

There are also white bleeding hearts, ferns, pink lilies of the valley, and
my new Chionanthus virginicus. The tree peonies are finished. In the sunny
border Vilmorin's 'Alcazar' is in bloom, very early in my garden every year. The
 roses have started with 'Shailer's Provence.'

Cordially,

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USDA Zone 7