HYB:CULT: let's talk about form

There are some rather signifigant differences in the form, specifically of the petals, between introductions.   I know a few breeders have stamped their iris with a 'blocky' form (whatever that means) and that some prefer flaring falls and overlapping falls.  And some enjoy a closed standard while others like more open standards.  I myself love the rounder more ruffled falls... but haven't formed an opinion much about the standards.... well at least as long as I have to have standards <vbg>
  I have the feeling I've forgotten what I set out to ask....
  maybe if y'all just start bouncing some thoughts around I'll remember..