Re: HYB:CULT: let's talk about form

In a message dated 4/25/2006 10:46:32 P.M. Central Standard Time,
flatnflashy@yahoo.com writes:

<<I have the feeling I've forgotten what I set  out to ask....
maybe if y'all just start bouncing  some thoughts around I'll remember..>>

Christian, I'm getting a lot of rain this week.  Domed standards  collapse in
on each other while maintaining some semblance of overall bloom  form.
Irises with open standards tend to resemble a flaty after one of  these thunder
storms.  Not bad if you're Christian and like that  type!

Several types of form are considered acceptable.  We all have  different
taste.  It's great that we all share an interest in a plant that  can appeal to so
many different people.

My personal preference is round falls and domed standards.  I prefer  the
falls to be somewhere between horizontal and vertical.  I want the  falls to be
visible from across the garden.

The best form in the world isn't much good if you don't have a plant that
supports it.  I've no need for plants that hang around and don't offer much  in
the way of bloom.

Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: