Re: HYB:CULT: let's talk about form

Good topic Christian, I'd like to hear what people think. My personal
favorite for garden iris are the domed standards, (nearly closed) with
gently ruffled rounded falls. I'm guessing that may be considered blocky?
The vertical falls don't show off as well from across the lawn and you
almost have to view them from above to get the full benefit.

For "off the chart" impact I love lots of ruffles, lace and novelties, color
and form. I can't wait to see more of the unique appendages and pom-pom
flounces the Jedlickas in Nebraska are doing. Wow...the pics are eye
catchers! Anyone know of any they have available and a source? I guess alot
depends too on your viewing area and the size of garden. I'm doing some
relandscaping so your question comes a time I am debating color and form
etc. Hope to hear from others on their likes or dislikes(and maybe why?).
Thanks.

Char Randall
Melba, ID
USDA Zone 6-ish