Re: HYB: form

Falls come in all shapes and sizes as well as all angles (from
horizontal to bassett hound) and substance (ability to maintain angle
and shape in heat and wind).

Tissue paper falls might be thin or or very soft or (most likely) both.

Some bassett hound falls have too little substance to do much other than
hang.

Some of us prefer 'waterfall' shaped falls - slight arch out, then angle
down (not vertical) with a little bit of a lift at the end.  I don't
dislike horizontal on the short classes of irises but hate it on TBs.
Like Betty says, I like to be able to see them across the garden.
Prefer hang dog to horizontal, if I have to make that choice.

No, not typical of all Schreiner irises.

<Someone was talking about narrow falls the other week...is that the
same a hang dog?  Isn't this type of fall typical of Schreiners irises?>

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8