CULT: Ground Cover

Good evening iris lovers:  For many years, vinca has been coming up in the
iris beds, only a couple.  Since it doesn't even germinate until after the iris
have bloomed and is very tolerant of dry conditions, I have let it stay and it
provides some color out there.  This year I sowed some vinca seed amongst the
iris and will report later how it does.

Around here (East Texas) wood sorrel (oxalis) is a most misbehaving sort of
plant.  Once it makes a tuber it can only removed by digging out the tuber.
Since it seems to dislike dry and I keep my iris beds moist only in blooming
season, it doesn't invade there.  It blows over the fences though and has
populated the open woodlands next to me.

Barbara Null
Tyler, TX  zone 7b/8a