OT:Re: Iris aphylla - easy clean up

  • Subject: OT:Re: Iris aphylla - easy clean up
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 18:15:34 -0400

Tom -- We haven't heard much from OT recently, but, upon reading your message, he suggested that if anyone ever attempted to do that, it would probably have been the fabulous German hybridizer Heinz Siebenundfuenfzig, who, back in the days when all irises were short, and as his knees became more and more stiffened with age, began breeding them to grow taller so that he wouldn't have to bend down to pollinate them. His success is measured by the common, though fallacious, reference to tall beardeds as German rises. -- Griff

----- Original Message ----- From: "thomas silvers" <tesilvers@yahoo.com>