Re: CULT: drought is officially over here

  • Subject: Re: CULT: drought is officially over here
  • From: Jeffrey Walters <jeffwiris@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 09:04:18 -0700 (PDT)

Linda,

Upstate South Carolina is still classified as at the Moderate Drought (D1) level - down from extreme drought (D3) at the beginning of the year. So far we have had 15.3" of precipitation since Jan. 1, which is almost exactly equal to the long-term average (and thus much more than we have been getting for the past 20 months or so). All forms of plant life seem to be very happy at the moment.

About half the IB's have come into bloom in my garden, and the first TB's (EPICENTER and JESSE'S SONG) to bloom opened their first buds this morning.

It is a beautiful Easter Day here, sunny and mild with a soft breeze.

Jeff Walters
in upstate South Carolina
(USDA Zone 7b)