OT - Re: list humor/computer hell

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: OT - Re: list humor/computer hell
  • From: Irisborer@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 03:05:39 -0700 (MST)

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING... computer tirade - NO iris even MENTIONED

In a message dated 97-03-31 20:57:17 EST, Christy writes:

>I, for one, have been fighting with a computer all morning trying to change
>drives.
>
>Humor -especially dealing with computers- would be welcome right now.

Christy... this 'sweet young thing' has been in computer HELL for 3 solid
days at work (Thursday, Friday and Monday).  Apparently something called a
'dynalink' went missing so I could not access my database program.

I fooled with it
the geeks fooled with it
the guy from accounting fooled with it
my son fooled with it

no success.  So Troy (my son) gave me the bad news that I had to DELETE
everything and then reload the suite I have been using.  He stored my files
somehow and

 'poof'

 deleted everything in the suite!  THEN I learned that the Lotus SmartSuite
that the hospital owns is corrupted or some such so we had to order a NEW
one... which I loaded in yesterday.

Well... I could now get into the database... but in order to load I had to
delete everything ELSE out of my computer since the program kept complaining
about 'no room'.  Out went WordPerfect... OUT went Myst and the other
games... OUT went AOL...

Then when I got the damn thing loaded (if you can't sleep.... try loading an
office suite into your computer.... )  I discovered that Lotus had updated
AmiPro into some abomination called WordPro that is simply HELLISH.  After
spending the REST of the day trying to get my AmiPro files to work in
WordPro, in rode the Cavelry.... sweet Leonard... who said that he personally
loathes WordPro - deleted THAT and loaded in our home edition of AmiPro.

So... my boss has been on vacation for 1-1/2 weeks.... and I haven't even
mentioned the two days that the pipe burst in my ceiling and I had to use an
umbrella in my office... and the maintence guy was on vacation and his
understudy called off sick and the maintence deparment was left under the
head of the cleaning crew who was not the least bit interested....

So.... my boss will be back Wednesday and say - what did you DO while I was
on vacation....
(shall I tell him?)

Kathyguest... who adds  AND THEN IT STARTED TO SNOW!