Re: TB: Black Iris

On Mon, 31 Mar 1997, Sharon McAllister wrote:

> Don't forget the historic PATENT LEATHER (Schreiner, 1971).  Others may have
> better branching or bud count, but I can't think of any other "black" TB that
> held up as well to the New Mexico sun.
>
> No, it can't compare with I. nigricans -- but as long as we're talking about
> TBs....
>
> Sharon McAllister (73372.1745@compuserve.com)

	DESERT DIAMOND is blooming in the arilbred bed this a.m.  As they
say heah, it is 'mauvelous, jes gawjus.' Makes me wanna daince agin and
sit on the veranda with a mint julep and just swoon.  Oh, I ken hawdly
wait for MISS SCAWLUT and CAP'N RHETT.  I wonder what reaction I will have
when Sharon's LAND OF ENCHANTENT  finally blooms.

	Walter Moores, eatin' gawlic gritz in 7/i MS.