Re: Black Iris

> Add to the list of great "black or almost black"
> Superstition - Schreiner 77  (grows like a weed in MO-zone 5)
> Dusky Challenger - Schreiner 86 (Dykes 92) Very dark Purple, smells so
> sweet that taking it 30 miles to a show is a "too sweet" problem!)
> Rita
> Cedar Hill MO Zone 5 where there are daffs and tulips but only have seen
> one iris at the Missouri Botannical Gardens (very sheltered rock garden)
> and none yet in our yard.  Sorry to hear about the late snows but we still
> are keeping our fingers crossed as 4-15 is "normal" last frost
Hi Rita--
I'm looking forward to planting some reds and blacks ths spirng if the
snow ever goes away.  I'm making lists from everyone who's responded.
Picking the right ones will be fun.  If you ever get to my neighborhood,
email me beforehand.  It would be fun to meet you. Not that syracuse is
around the corner.
Rima   terra@catskill.net