Re: SPEC:Pseudacorus-An appreciation

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SPEC:Pseudacorus-An appreciation
  • From: rimat <terra@catskill.net>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 14:46:27 -0700 (MST)

Bill Shear wrote:

> Amen to Anner Whitehead's comments on pseudacorus.
>
> What's the evidence for pseudacorus being aggressive and crowding out
> native plants?  Anyone?
>
> Bill Shear
> Department of Biology
> Hampden-Sydney College
> Hampden-Sydney VA 23943
> (804)223-6172
> FAX (804)223-6374
> email<bills@tiger.hsc.edu>

Hi--
I agree to the amen -- they are my most successful plantings.  My
clumps, taken from a neighbor, have only been in for a couple of years
and they have not seemed to have gotten noticeably aggressive.  My
neighbor's have been for many years and have spread, but not alarmingly
Hers are planted on a sunny very gentle slope NOT near water.  Mine are
planted in the water.
Rima   terra@catskill.net
2' of snow, drifts much deeper; just got electric, phone and computer
back -- not mention heat.