Re: OT - snow in NY

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT - snow in NY
  • From: ECPep@AOL.COM
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 14:06:09 -0700 (MST)

To Ellen, Dorothy, Kathy and Rima,

and to the folks in Utah who have the little brother of our April Fool party.
 It is often  speculated that the pilgrims were none too smart landing on
Plymouth Rock when the whole east coast lay there unclaimed.  I know, I know
we complain a great deal about weather but we have so much of it!!!

The last 24 hours have been without the services of Ni-Mo (NY power giant
with giant prices) affording us the pleasure of sharing our living room
(woodstove) with flats and flats of seedlings.  Our rural paradise had no
water allowing us to access the pond with a hatchet and high boots.  We are
perfumed with Coleman fuel.  Our rule is to bring out the real survival gear
after 24 hours (generators).

So here came the electricity - about 25  minutes ago............

Claire Peplowski
With wind howling and drifts forming but with the power back.
East Nassau, New York