JAP:Thanks for the late snow

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: JAP:Thanks for the late snow
  • From: "R. Dennis Hager" <rdhager@dmv.com>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 12:49:18 -0700 (MST)

For the Japanese lovers out there, the late cold and snow may be a
blessing. George Bush's theory on Japanese "rebloom" is that a good cold
smap after growth has started in the Spring will induce another set of
buds. It isn't really a rebloom, but the plant will bloom over an
extended period of time. Since most of my Japs were up about 3" when
they were covered with snow, I am ready to test George's theory--even
though it damaged my chances for a healthy peach and pear crop.

R. Dennis Hager
on Delmarva