CULT: Garden Maps

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: CULT: Garden Maps
  • From: "Michael Cook" <macook@iglou.com>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 19:25:42 -0700 (MST)

     I totally agree with John.  Having a garden map my keep you from
losing the identification of an Iris.  I started using garden maps when I
first got into Irises.  At that time, I did not have markers.  Then, I
progressed to using Venetian Blind Slats.  Since they were terribly prone
to heaving, I kept using the maps.  The ID's of several varieties were
saved that way.  Now that I use metal markers, I still keep a garden map on
hand.  A couple of years ago, I found that someone had switched some plant
markers.  (I live on a corner lot in the city, so this could happen again.)
 Those maps saved the day.  Otherwise, I could have lost the identification
of those nice plants.

Mark A. Cook
Lexington, KY   USDA Zone 5/6         Sunset Zone 35