CULT: Bloom sequence

At 06:35 AM 4/1/97 -0700, Walter wrote:
>Thanks, John.  Things seem late here.  I am wondering what we will
>have at the show if we don't warm up fast and stop having cold nights.
>But, the crazy thing I just discovered yesterday afternoon - buds coming
>on La's but very, very few on TB's.
>	Walter Moores
>	Enid Lake, MS 7/8

Walter,

This is my first year with other than TB's blooming in my garden and it
looks like my Louisianas are going to beat out most of my TB's.  DIXIE DEB
just burst into bloom today, beating out IMMORTALITY, ENGLISH COTTAGE,
HEAVENLY BLISS (all on the brink of bloom).
I was under the impression that Louisianas bloomed after TB's in the normal
progression of bloom.  Maybe I just randomly chose a bunch of late blooming
TB's when I picked them out last summer.

A question for the experienced on the list:  Is it normal for bloom
sequence to overlap so much or is the season compressed and out of order
for me this year because I've had such a mild winter and an early spring?

Darn that wind! It's playing havoc with these TB stalks!  Break out the
stakes.:)

-Donald

Donald Mosser
Member of AIS, HIPS, SIGNA, SSI, SLI, SPCNI, and IRIS-L
dmosser@southconn.com
http://www.geocities.com/rainforest/5570

North Augusta, South Carolina, USA
USDA Zone 7b-8