Re: CULT: Bloom sequence

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: Bloom sequence
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <cwalters@cache.net>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 21:55:39 -0700 (MST)

Donald,
       You write (1 Apr 97):
> A question for the experienced on the list:  Is it normal for bloom
> sequence to overlap so much or is the season compressed and out of order
> for me this year because I've had such a mild winter and an early spring?

Around here (which is a long ways from where you are) a mild winter and an
early spring (rara aves) generally mean an EXTENDED bloom season. We get a
shortened or compressed bloom season when the spring is cold and winter
lingers.

Jeff Walters in northern Utah (Zone 4)
cwalters@cache.net
"This is the Place" - Fortunately, no iris were in bloom when the snow fell
yesterday, and I don't think they are even far enough along to be bothered
by the 20 degree temperatures last night and tonight!