Re: CULT: Bloom sequence

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: Bloom sequence
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 06:13:32 -0700 (MST)

> A question for the experienced on the list:  Is it normal for bloom
> sequence to overlap so much or is the season compressed and out of order
> for me this year because I've had such a mild winter and an early spring?
>
> Darn that wind! It's playing havoc with these TB stalks!  Break out the
> stakes.:)
>
> -Donald
>

> Donald Mosser
> Member of AIS, HIPS, SIGNA, SSI, SLI, SPCNI, and IRIS-L
> dmosser@southconn.com
> http://www.geocities.com/rainforest/5570
>
> North Augusta, South Carolina, USA
> On the South Carolina and Georgia Border
> USDA Zone 7b-8

	La's are supposed to bloom after the TB's in the 'normal
progression of things.'  Over the years, I have had ILA NUNN and CREOLE
FLAME to take to the show and that's about it.  I have a clump of EMPRESS
JOSEPHINE with about five very tall stalks that will show color soon.
And, in looking at my IB's, I found my first bud at near ground level on
FANTASTIC BLUE. PRIVILEGED CHARACTER, my favorite SDB, may be beaten by
EMPRESS JOSEPHINE.  Weird!

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS  7/8