Re: OT - snow in NY

	James Brooks wrote:

>morning it was 29F and my half dozen blooming red Apeldorn tulips all did
>180s and were facing the ground. By noon it was over 50 and they were
>recovering, but it is supposed to get below freezing again tonight. A
>strange season. I finished mowing the meadow after dark, then started a fire
>in the wood stove.

	The good thing about living in the cold, snowy mountains is that
	we are not confused about the season. It is still winter and has
	been for months. :-))

	But is the sight of one crocus too much to ask? :-(

Ellen Gallagher	\ e_galla@moose.ncia.net \ Lancaster, New Hampshire,USA
	USDA Zone 3a \ Northern White Mountains	\ AIS Region 1