CULT-- BONE MEAL

Hi--
I found the review of that book I mentioned some time ago about mad cow
disease in which the author talks about the connections between the
disease and other similar ones traced to the use of using parts of dead
animals for feeding live animals and for use on plants (remember the
dried blood postings?). He quotes Dr.Carlton Gajdusek (yes, THAT Dr.
Gajdusek, altho he did win a Nobel Prize for work on spongiform
diseases) as follows:  "' . . .bone meal, used to fertilize flowers, is
made from dead cattle. . . .The instructions on the bag warn you not to
open it in a closed room. . . .Gets up your nose... .Do you use bone
meal on your roses. . .?  I wouldn't if I were you." The book is by
Richard Rhodes and called DEADLY FEASTS (Simon & Schuster) -- a
melodramatic title but the NYT reviewer says the book is written "with
an admirably cool detachment."
So what is this Bulb Booster I've been using for yearsand whic I have
opened in the confines of my garage?  Scarey, isn't it?
Rima    terra@catskill.net