CULT: Maps

Teresa Cobb wrote:

:  I know I will need to start a map when I plant, but "orthogonal distances". .
. may have to wait
:  a few years for me.  Do you use a protractor to calculate angles and then
distances between?

No.  Just a carpenter's square in constructing the frames themselves.  It's a
lot easier than it sounds.

Simple example, for an east-west bed:
Bed # E-18, plant 27" west, 6" south -- should be a seedling, # 94-1-3.  Compare
bloom to records.  Yep.  It's right.

Sorry for the shorthand, but "orthogonal" just saves me from having to describe
the process for beds that aren't lined up with the compass!

Sharon McAllister (73372.1745@compuserve.com)
Ever the mathematician....