Re: My first post

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: My first post
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@erols.com>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 17:42:56 -0700 (MST)

Randy & Kathy Peterson wrote:
> Hello Iris listers,
> My name is Kathy Peterson and I have been reading the list for several
> months but haven't found the nerve to write back until now.  It's just that
> I have to tell someone about how excited I am about my blooming iris...It's
> way beyond the macarena.  Last night I went outside to see if my BREAKERS
> had opened yet.  It was 10:00 pm and the yard light didn't reach that part
> of the yard.  I concluded that the neighbors would KNOW I'm crazy if I took
> the flashlight out there, and besides, what's going to open when it's dark
> and 40 degrees.  This morning at first light I took my laser optic pocket
> flashlight out to peek in the little hole that had shown up on the tallest
> bud just to make sure, and lo! It is Blue!  (I was afraid that something
> yellow might have crept over into BREAKERS' spot in the garden, after all,
> he's been there with no blooms for two years.)  So now you all know that I
> truly am nuts, but I hope you understand.
> Kathy Peterson....who lives in Santa Margarita near the central coast of
> California but enough inland to reap the benefits of wonderful warm evenings
> in the summertime and an occaisional freak dusting of snow in the
> wintertime. (Hang in there all you east coasters)

Kathy -- Welcome to Iris-L. You live in a very pretty little place. My
son and I stopped there for gas several years ago on our way to the
coast. It was an unusually cold spring, and I hoped it might be warmer
by the time we reached San Luis Obispo, so I inquired of the twenty-ish
young man who was filling the tank, "How's the weather on the coast?"

"Don't know," he replied. "Never been there."

Well, is that a testimonial to a good place to live, or what?

Glad you got up the nerve to join, and hope you enjoy it.

Griff Crump, along the tidal Potomac near Mount Vernon, VA, where
REFINED began blooming over the weekend and WHAT, AGAIN? (Clarence makes
sure we say it that way) will pop in a couple of days.