Re: moving iris question response

Hello!  Amaryllis' don't like to be moved that much.  I didn't catch where
you are from only that you would be coming to NE DC.  Amaryllis' here in this
area are grown as house plants and enjoy a summer outside in pots only to be
moved back in during the fall and winter months.  I have been told that you
should leave the amaryllis in a pot that you won't need to repot for years.
 They are funny and beautiful like that!

Next why NE DC?  Will you be working at the Greenbelt location of NASA?  DC
tends to be more expensive than surrounding areas.  Tax for one - Maryland is
a 5% tax and VA has a 4.5% tax (I believe) while DC enjoys a 6% tax on
purchases.  Not that I am a realtor but it might be something to consider
unless you already have a home there.  Actually I am the ambassador to Md.!

The Iris Societies in the area are Chesapeake and Potomac  and the Francis
Scott Key Chapter.

Sylvia Smith
Annapolis, MD