Re: SPEC:Pseudacorus-An appreciation/cat tails

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SPEC:Pseudacorus-An appreciation/cat tails
  • From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <cwalters@cache.net>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 21:13:26 -0700 (MST)

Rima:
     You write (2 Apr 97):
> What is hemerocallis fulva?  I have a large sunny bank with lousy
> soil.  Will this help?

Hemerocallis fulva is the species form of daylily with reddish orange
flowers ("fulva" means reddish orange in Latin - the scientific name of the
red fox is Vulpes fulva) that has escaped from cultivation and was (is) a
common roadside plant in the Northeast (talk about I. pseudacorus being
invasive). It is a common plant in older gardens here, but can't establish
itself in the wild in the face of our bone-dry summers.

Jeff Walters in northern Utah (Zone 4)
cwalters@cache.net