Re: CULT: Maps

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: Maps
  • From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 21:57:25 -0700 (MST)

> If you have square or rectangular beds you can think of the positions as
> "Rows and Columns". I mark mine in one foot increments. In one direction
> I use numbers, and and in the other le)tters. So my designations look
> like
> LB 10C  (left bed, row 10 column C)
	Since most of my beds run in the same direction (north and south) and
parallel each other I have them alphabetized.  A, B, C, D...H.  When you
are standing at the yard gate facing the beds the left hand is A and the
right hand is H.  Then I number each spot in the beds.  1 - 94.
Everything is planted on three foot centers.  Therefore the first iris
in the first bed is located in A01.  The last iris in the last bed is
H94.  All of my other beds are named.  The Pecan Bed (has 3 pecan trees
on the West side), the Fantasy bed (houses all my iris with fantasy
names), the Fence bed (parallels the fence that divides the horse
pasture from the garden.  Therefore FB18 would be in the Fantasy bed in
the 18th spot.  This makes it very easy to locate any given iris at any
Dana Brown, Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7
of rain a year.  Our average wind speed is 12.5 mph and we have an