SPEC: Pseudacorus

>From John Coble in southern Michigan, living one mile from the Kalamazoo
River where we have thousands of I. pseudacorus plants.
Mr. Upjohn (of the pharmaceutical company) had pseudacorus planted along the
river at his summer home in Agusta (up river from Galesburg ~ 7 miles) in the
early 1900's.  The seed have come down river and here in Galesburg we have
flood marshes that surprise people with yellow pseudacorus AND violet
virginica in early June.  The iris are scattered, NOT invasive masses.
Only those who are not involved with their own iris garden at peak tall
bearded bloom have the luxury of taking a canoe trip down the river from
Agusta to Galesburg and viewing the miles of quiet scenery with accents of
pseudacorus clumps.
P.S.  The current Mr. Upjohn has a stained glass window of wisteria
overhanging clumps of Japanese iris.  :-))
  John Coble  at  Ensata@aol.com