CULT:Rima's increases

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: CULT:Rima's increases
  • From: "Barbara Mann" <IrisMaven@msn.com>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 06:25:41 -0700 (MST)

Hi, Rima!

I second the thought that yours wasn't a dumb question {Now for a really dumb
question --  are increases the babies that are
poking up around the main rhizome?  If so, my one-year old bed that
didn't bloom at all last year has lots of increases.  Only a few of the
original rhizomes are brown and no offspring.
rima   terra@catskill.net}.
This is the magic part about irises, that with hardly any work (okay, that's
not true, but never mind) your one eenie beanie rhizome turns into more each
spring, all exact copies of the original!  This is the thing that turns
ordinary gardeners into budding entrepreneurs, all thinking "boy, if I get 10
increases from these every year, I could make, let's see, 15 X 10 X the $3.00
I bought them for--I could get rich!"  Doesn't turn out that way, usually, but
it's a fun thought anyway.

You ought to get lots of bloom in that bed this year!

Barb, in Santa Fe, NM