Re: moving iris question

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: moving iris question
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 06:26:08 -0700 (MST)

> Sharon A. Ruck wrote:
> Amarylis I'm not so good at.
> :>)))
>                          |  Annotation used by ancient cartographers
     Amarylis take a year or two to settle down after a move.  They seem
to want to bloom at odd times of the year after transplant shock, but mine
are finally beginning to settle down now and bloom in April when they are
supposed to.  RED LION is currently in bloom and others are sending up
stalks.  I do not fool with pot culture unless I am buying a new variety
when they become available in November.  After it has bloomed in the pot
and rested awhile thereafter, I place it in its permanent home on the
south side of the house close to the foundation.  We have been as low as
-5o, and they have not been killed.

     Walter Moores
     Enid Lake, MS  7/8