New Bed

Thought I would send an update on my new iris bed I planted last fall.  So
far I have lost five irises.  Two were named Ringo, one was white with yellow
edging (don't remember the name, planted before I became a scientific
irisarian), and the labels disappeared on the other two.  By far the
healthiest and most vigorous are the lavendar ones with the sweet fragrance
that my husband found growing at the site of an abandoned farmhouse.  The
iris Superstition is only about an inch and a half tall compared to the
others which are about four or five.  I wonder if Superstition is still
alive.  Of the ones I lost, they appeared to have rotted and have little
holes in them.  I bought them at a discount store and I seem to have got what
I payed for.  All for now.
Margaret Booth
Lincoln, Nebraska
Zone 5