SPEC -- Pollen Color

In arils, pollen color is a good indicator of species heritage.  It's also
useful in working with arilbreds that are not many generations removed from
species.  But I now have a puzzle -- an iris that's supposed to be a reblooming
IB, which has GREEN pollen.  Not just a greenish cast to the anther.  The pollen
itself is green.

I know enough about the species of Mathew's Subgenus Iris, Section Iris to
realize that I don't know everything -- but I haven't been able to identify any
species of this group that has green pollen, and few published species
descriptions include pollen color.

Any observations?

Sharon McAllister (73372.1745@compuserve.com)