Re: My first post

Randy & Kathy Peterson wrote:
> Hello Iris listers,
> My name is Kathy Peterson and I have been reading the list for several
> months but haven't found the nerve to write back until now.  It's just that
> I have to tell someone about how excited I am about my blooming iris...It's
> way beyond the macarena.  Last night I went outside to see if my BREAKERS
> had opened yet.  It was 10:00 pm and the yard light didn't reach that part
> of the yard.  I concluded that the neighbors would KNOW I'm crazy if I took
> the flashlight out there, and besides, what's going to open when it's dark
> and 40 degrees.  This morning at first light I took my laser optic pocket
> flashlight out to peek in the little hole that had shown up on the tallest
> bud just to make sure, and lo! It is Blue!  (I was afraid that something
> yellow might have crept over into BREAKERS' spot in the garden, after all,
> he's been there with no blooms for two years.)  So now you all know that I
> truly am nuts, but I hope you understand.
> Kathy Peterson....who lives in Santa Margarita near the central coast of
> California but enough inland to reap the benefits of wonderful warm evenings
> in the summertime and an occaisional freak dusting of snow in the
> wintertime. (Hang in there all you east coasters)

Welcome Kathy;

I think being a little demented is a prerequisite to being an irisarian.
If you weren't, you probably wouldn't be here with the rest of us. It
seems that the Iris Virus does that to people, and there is no known
The year prior to the '94 convention in Portland, many people made the
trip for pre-convention inspection, just to get a hint of what they
might see the next year. The weather was absolutely terrible!! The peak
bloom was Memorial Day Weekend, and the whole weekend it just poured.
No-body seemed to mind very much and they just kept arriving. We sttod
out in the garden for the better part of the three days, holding
umbrellas over the photographers so they could take pictures, in spite
of the weather. The neighbours were delighted to see that we were not
the only ones who were demented, but all our friends were as well. They
seem to realize that we are harmless though, so they don't mind at all.
So, go ahead and do whatever you want. The main thing is, ENJOY!!

Nancy Silverberg, Molalla OR where I wonder if this weather will ever
settle down so we can see the irises bloom. (Daffs, tulips and trees
going great guns)