SPE-CULT maybe

I'd like to ask for experiences with I. dichotoma or using the nomenclature
of Mathew, Pardanthopsis dichotoma.

This is usually described as an annual with clouds of bloom. In fact, one
source I have says it is annual because it blooms itself to death.

I have had the seed from SIGNA for two years past with no "blooming" success.
 A friend and I both tried seeds and have mixed results. They germinate
easily but remain a very small plant for months.  I have never had a plant
over 8 inches high after a summer's growth.  The first year I put these
plants in a cold frame but they did not make it through the winter.  The
second year I kept them under 24 hours lights with little better results.

Has anyone grown and bloomed dichotoma and how is it done?  Is there a soil
pH requirement?

Claire Peplowski
East Nassau, NY  Upstate NY where mother nature is trying to apologize for
the past couple of days with sun and mud.