Re: SPEC: I. Foetidissima

Rick asked:
 Recently I was asked by a customer of mine if I had the species I.
 Foetidissima.  A friend of hers was reading a book on medicinal herbs
 and it was mentioned that some part of this species worked well on
 migraine headaches.  Has anyone heard of this treatment?  >>

No, but if she has access to the reprint edition--or original--of the 1633
edition of Gerard's Herbal I would think that would be a good place to check.
If I didn't find it there I would be pretty sceptical of the story. Which is
certainly not to say I endorse any physic advice found in this English
source, much of which is hair raising.

Anner Whitehead, Richmond, VA
Henry Hall  henryanner@aol.com