Re:My first post

Welcome, Kathy, who confessed

<< It was 10:00 pm and the yard light didn't reach that part
 of the yard.  I concluded that the neighbors would KNOW I'm crazy if I took
 the flashlight out there, and besides, what's going to open when it's dark
 and 40 degrees. >>

To your other sage advice on this subject I add:

1) Worrying about what the neighbors think is tacky, and thus to be despised.

2) No matter how well you behave, should circumstances invite it, there will
always be someone who will say you have always been nuts and they knew it.

3) Encouraging the neighbors to think you are nuts, on the other hand, is
fair-to-middlin' sport and keeps them and their issue out of your hair.

Anner Whitehead, Richmond, VA   henryanner@aol.com
frequently to be found wandering around in the yard in the middle of the
night