Re: SPE-CULT maybe

ECPep@aol.com wrote:
> I'd like to ask for experiences with I. dichotoma or using the nomenclature
> of Mathew, Pardanthopsis dichotoma.

> Has anyone grown and bloomed dichotoma and how is it done?  Is there a soil
> pH requirement?
> Claire Peplowski
> East Nassau, NY  Upstate NY

I grew this for two years and each year it bloomed profusely during June
in my climate.  I remember it was very shy on increase and tried to
bloomout, doing so in the second year.  It just dried up and died like a
biennial.  I liked it quite a bit as it developed a tall spike with
small iris like flowers that seemed to bloom forever.  The World of Iris
mentions that it self seeds but I never saw any in the two years I had

I'm not sure of the PH of the soil where it was grown, but daylilies,
roses and lilies were grown nearby.

Hope this helps.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens