TB: HIST: An Iris named POPCORN

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: TB: HIST: An Iris named POPCORN
  • From: JForte21@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 17:50:10 -0700 (MST)

Hi Everyone,
I found an iris at my local grower called POPCORN.  It looks a lot like the
pictures of SWERTI that I have seen in ROOTS.  I was wondering if anyone knew
anything about this iris--hybridizer, year of introduction, etc.  Also, can
anyone tell me if the checklists say whether or not an iris has purple based
foliage?  Thanks.
Mary Forte, Atascadero, CA Zone 9  where Prince of Earl, Crimson King,
Catalyst, Duke of Earl, Jesse's Song, Violet Harmony, Be Mine, Cloudless
Sunrise, and some unidentified historics are blooming