AB: FIRST BLOOM

Today, I saw my first arilbred iris, KHYBER PASS.  It was larger than I
expected, but very beautiful. I have one bloom stalk, with one open
blossom and one bud.
Are there other arilbreds that are vigorous enough to grow in hot, humid
Richmond, Virginia?
So far I have blooms of SDBs, Crimson King, Eleanor Roosevelt and Khyber
Pass.  Next should be a white TB with dark purple (plicata?) edge,
purcased from HQ 3 years ago with no name.  I wonder if it could be
STEPPING OUT?  ESTHER THE QUEEN should open Saturday or Sunday.  From now
every day may hold some new surprise!
In anticipation,
Phyllis Soine
Richmond, VA , zone 7