Re: OT-Mad cows and the Great Chain of Being

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT-Mad cows and the Great Chain of Being
  • From: "ARTHUR" <alee@cybernet.dk>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 1997 07:05:21 -0700 (MST)

: From: John Montgomery/Monashee Perennials <monashee@bcgrizzly.com>
: To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
: Date: 5. april 1997 01:56
: Question!
: Is there any hard evidence that bone meal is of any use as a fertilizer?
       Up till now I have never questioned the value of bone meal, have
used it for newly planted Roses, any how decided to look in my old
gardening book just out of curiosity and will repeat what the book says.

The use of bones in the form of bone-meal, bone-dust, bone-flour, and what
is know as Half-inch Bones, are very limited, and it is exceedingly
doubtful whether they do as much good as is imagined.

As a matter of interest when I used bone-meal I did get more visits from
the local dogs.
I have stopped using dried-blood and bone-meal not so much because of the
expense but of the smell, particularly of the dried blood, what I bought
did not smell, it stank .