HYB: Bloom Report

Bloom is still less than 10% of what I'd call a good year -- I hesitate to use
the term "normal"....

Less than 50 cultivars in bloom today, at a time when there should be hundreds.
Looking on the bright side, though, at least that means garden time is spread
over fewer candidates and I can pay more individual attention to the seedlings
that do bloom.

Another one just graduated to the final stage of the track toward introduction.
By far the best plant of the cross, with a flower I deem more than "acceptable".
A deep burgundy underlay around the beard rather than a conventional signal,
nice deep red veining on a golden yellow ground, and an eye-catching bushy
golden beard.  A pattern that looks like it should be a halfbred, on a flaring
form that is more typical of the quarterbreds.   Still trying to find out if
it's fertile....

Sharon McAllister (73372.1745@compuserve.com)
Now spending more time in the garden than online