No Rain in the N W today

Many of you familar with is part of the country are familiar with the fact we
do get lots of drizzly grey skies but not for the past 4 days. It feels so
good to get the sun to shine and spring flowers to bloom. I. bacaricus has 3
blooms and is being very successful. I started them from seed several years
ago. They are enough differant from other varieties that I feel they are a
real bonus- and they are early.

Cherry and pears will be blooming tomorrow. The currants and violets are sure
to not let themselves be left behind. What that means to me is that "Bee
Wings" and a few other MDB's are close as well." Cinnamon Apples " appears to
have at least 10 stocks  coming. It would probably take over the earth if
allowed.( It was a small start last year).

The weeds are very happy and doing their best to reseed before I can get to
them. I have to remind myself that a weed is just a plant growing where I
don't want it

Does anyone grow any of the woody iridecea ? Would it be difficult to get and
or grow? I found I. morea blooming along a canal in Florida last year under a
tree. I was not sucessful at getting the seed to germinate.

I negected to identify where I live on my first transmission. I live in
University Place- a small community outside Tacoma, Wa. We are about 2 miles
from Puget Sound surrounded by gravel pits past and present. The soil ( if it
can be found) is glacial till but it will grow just about anything planted
given time and space and variety. I grow many species of Iris and as many
varieties as I can make a space for- even if it is a pot and I have lots of
them as well hiding here and there. We generally recieve a bit of snow each
winter but it doesn't stay long, Summer sometimes is 10 days long (temps over
90)  earthwise we are at 47.25N-122.44E

Happy irising to all!                            Rita      without a manacure