LA: Bloom report

Well, fellow list members.  Looks like I'm out of sorts with an accelerated
bloom season.  My Louisianas have begun to open and I still have TB's
making bloom stalks.  Today, JERI opened the first flower on two stalks at
one time!! How impressive and the color is so deep and rich!!!  Also I.
fulva 'RED ECHO' opened  two blossoms on one stalk today!!  What a charming
flower.  My clump of DIXIE DEB is peaking with many stalks and many blooms
opened - and I just purchased a one gallon pot of this last summer! An I.
hexagona seedling of Robert Turley's has also been blooming the last week -
a gorgeous purple with a very pretty, jagged yellow signal!

Other irises in bloom for me include - (SDB) JEWEL BABY - still!!!, (IB)-
RARE EDITION- still!!!, (TB'S)-JESSE'S SONG, BROTHER CARL, IMMORTALITY,
ENGLISH COTTAGE, HEAVENLY BLISS, GOLDEN ECSTASY, CHIEF HEMATITE (ready to
pop at any moment), (Species) - I. tectorum.

- Donald (In iris heaven with all of the bloom! Looks like the LA's are
stealing the show in my yard!  Also, my wife, a non-gardener thinks the
TB's are too pretentious and the Louisianas are her favorites.:)

Donald Mosser
Member of AIS, HIPS, SIGNA, SSI, SLI, SPCNI, and IRIS-L
dmosser@southconn.com
http://www.geocities.com/rainforest/5570

North Augusta, South Carolina, USA
USDA Zone 7b-8