RE: I. korolkowii Influence

Phyllis Soine wrote:

:  Could you give some examples of descendents of ESTHER, THE QUEEN which
:  have good gardenability, hopefully in the southEAST?

Here's a list of a FEW of Esther's children -- ones I have grown and used in
hybridizing because I've found them to have good, relatively open, growth
habits.  This is the type of arilbred plant I'd expect to do well in a hot,
humid climate and some (like ORA J. SEALE) have been reported to do well in
Georgia.   Some of the really rampant growers (like SONG OF BABYLON, UNCLAIMED
TREASURE, and VISION QUEST) should be divided more frequently, however, even
here in the arid southwest.   I offer this caution because an UNCLAIMED TREASURE
left undug for several years in my test bed managed to crowd out and kill its
immediate neighbors much like a rampant rebloomer did in one of my mother's beds
in Oklahoma.
ARAB DUSK
ARIL SKYLINE
BANGLEDESH
BIONIC BURST
DAWN CARESS
DEBORAH'S SONG
DESERT MONARCH
DESERT PRINCESS
EL CORONEL
ESTHER'S SON
EXPERT ADVICE
GENE'S GREEN GENES
GETHSEMANE
HIDDEN TALENTS
INVISIBLE HANDS
JUST FOR JAN
MAINSTREAM
MARTHA MIA
MARY OF MAGDALA
MAYFEST
MERRIGLOW
ORA J. SEALE
OPPOSITES ATTRACT
PRINCE THOU ART
ROAD TO DAMACUS
SECRET MISSION
SONG OF BABYLON
SONG OF ESTHER
THUNDERSTORM
UNCLAIMED TREASURE
VISION QUEST

Now a list of a FEW of Esther's grandchildren -- also taken from my  hybridizing
records:
BOAZ
BOLD SENTRY
CARAVAN TRAIL
CLOSE APPROACH
DAWN CASCADE
DAWN VICTORY
DESERT DANCER
DISTANT MIRAGE
DUNE SHADOWS
EDITH SELIGMANN
FALCON FLIGHT
GRANTED WISH
HIGH FRONTIER
HONEY DOVE
LET IT SHINE
LILLIAN WHITE
LOOKING FOR LYDIA
MORNING MEMORIES
MY JOY
PINK BETTERMENT
REDWING'S BRAVE
SHIFTING SANDS
SINGING BIRD
SILENT DAWN
SILENT SONG
SPRINGSCAPE
STORY THEME
STUDY IN AMETHYST
SUNRISE IN GLORY
TOP MENTION
WARRIOR'S MANTLE
WHIRLWIND ROMANCE
WHITHER THOU GOEST
WOODSONG

I'm sure there are many others, but I think this is a good place to stop.  I
hope that someone with experience with growing arilbreds in the southeast will
chime in.

Sharon McAllister (73372.1745@compuserve.com)
Southern New Mexico