Re: IB: BLOOM - PRIVILEGED CHARACTER

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: IB: BLOOM - PRIVILEGED CHARACTER
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 18:43:25 -0600 (MDT)

     One of the few SDB's that reaches its registered height in my garden,
PRIVILEGED CHARACTER, opened two blooms today, terminal and a side branch
with a nice fat bud on another branch.  If the show were held today, I
feel I would have the queen on this fantastic show stalk.  This is a good
garden iris, too, with increases that make a clump measuring a foot
across.  I can see eight stalks coming.  It is planted in a bed with
SERENITY PRAYER, CONSERVATIVELY CLAD, BEDFORD LILAC, etc, and they all
bloomed on two to four inch stalks with no branching and one bud per
stalk!  These all received the same TLC but only PC responds.  These are
all two year clumps also.  PATACAKE is in this bed too but it will bloom
later on a tall stalk like PC.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8