OT: April 3

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: OT: April 3
  • From: "Michael Cook" <macook@iglou.com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 19:38:42 -0600 (MDT)

Cliff,
     Your post concerning the hailstorm on April 3 of this year reminds me
of what happened here on April 3, 1974.  On that date, Kentucky and
neighboring states were afflicted by a terrible storm outbreak.  That was a
day of hailstorms, flash flooding, and worst of all, tornadoes, many of
which struck populated areas.  I was 13 days short of being twelve years
old when this happened.
     Looking at what happened in Texas this year, the blizzards in the
upper Midwest and north east the past few days, then looking at what
happened in Kentucky in early March of this year, I guess we all have our
turn at this.
     It is a miserable feeling to lose bloomstalks to hail.  It has
happened to me before.  I am hoping that some of the later types recover
and send up some stalks for you.

Mark A. Cook
macook@iglou.com
Lexington, Ky   USDA Zone 5/6      Sunset Zone 35   Where anything can
happen.