Re: IB: BLOOM - PRIVILEGED CHARACTER

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: IB: BLOOM - PRIVILEGED CHARACTER
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 22:35:48 -0600 (MDT)

Walter A. Moores wrote:

>      One of the few SDB's that reaches its registered height in my garden,
> PRIVILEGED CHARACTER, opened two blooms today, terminal and a side branch
> with a nice fat bud on another branch.  If the show were held today, I
> feel I would have the queen on this fantastic show stalk.  This is a good
> garden iris, too, with increases that make a clump measuring a foot
> across.  I can see eight stalks coming.  It is planted in a bed with
> SERENITY PRAYER, CONSERVATIVELY CLAD, BEDFORD LILAC, etc, and they all
> bloomed on two to four inch stalks with no branching and one bud per
> stalk!  These all received the same TLC but only PC responds.  These are
> all two year clumps also.  PATACAKE is in this bed too but it will bloom
> later on a tall stalk like PC.
>
>         Walter Moores
>         Enid Lake, MS 7/8

Walter,

I dumped Serenity Prayer years ago for just the same problem.  Cannot
comment on the others as I never grew them.  Tweety Bird is very short
for me also, but Priviliged Character is blooming nicely.  Did you use
alfalfa pellets in your SDB bed?

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Garden
Central California