Re: MED: BLOOM - SERENITY PRAYER

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: MED: BLOOM - SERENITY PRAYER
  • From: John Montgomery/Monashee Perennials <monashee@bcgrizzly.com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 23:48:17 -0600 (MDT)

At 10:35 PM 97/04/07 -0600, you wrote:

>I dumped Serenity Prayer years ago for just the same problem.  Cannot
>comment on the others as I never grew them.  Tweety Bird is very short
>for me also, but Priviliged Character is blooming nicely.  Did you use
>alfalfa pellets in your SDB bed?
>
>Rick Tasco
>Superstition Iris Garden
Is this height problem with SDBs something peculiar to warmer climates?

In about 160 different SDBs, "Tweety Bird" and "Raspberry Jam" are the only
ones that have failed to reach their proper height in most years. If there
is a problem with height here, it is more likely to be too tall than to be
too short.

I don't have any supporting data but it is my impression that "Raspberry
Jam" has gradually got taller over the years, as though it was adapting to
this environment.

58F today and blue sky from horizon to horizon and I have some sore muscles
this evening.

John Montgomery
monashee@bcgrizzly.com
Vernon, BC  Zone 5