Re: OT - weather

Ellen:  My sympathies for your situation of not-yet-visible iris
would be even greater if we had not been enjoying early spring only
to have a return blast of January ourselves, winds NW at upwards of
40MPH at times, temperature that fell to record low for the date of
10 (TEN!!!!) last night, with repeat expected tonight.  Crocus that
were beautifully in bloom aren't, and effect on potential
daffodil/tulip bloom is anybody's guess.  Ditto iris.  The iris were
looking so good, virtually no winter loss (we had heavy snow cover),
and now this.  I'm holding my breath. :-(

Arnold Koekkoek
NW Iowa  Zone 4 (feels more like zone 0)

Arnold Koekkoek                         Home Ph. (712) 722-0724
Assoc. Prof. of History                 Off. Ph. (712) 722-6326
Dordt College                           e-mail koekkoek@dordt.edu
Sioux Center, IA 51250