John Montgomery/Monashee Perennials wrote:
> Is this height problem with SDBs something peculiar to warmer climates?
> In about 160 different SDBs, "Tweety Bird" and "Raspberry Jam" are the only
> ones that have failed to reach their proper height in most years.

There are some SDB's that don't do well period - from year to year (in my
area). I have gone over my notes for the past 5 years and certain ones bloom
1/2 their required heigth.  The area of the country they came from doesn't
seem to matter in this case.  And the type of winter/spring weather either.
S. Prayer never bloomed over 3 inches ever, where Raspberry Jam grows 9-10
inches every year.  Go figure!

Dennis Stoneburner
Roanoke, VA