Bloom Report

Dear Listers,
	Things are in full swing around here.  We are on our knees daily praying
that they will stay that way for our show at Balboa Park in twelve days.

TB  BLOOM
Our last year's QUEEN of SHOW has been showing up a sky full of bloom.  Any
one who doesn't have this iris should consider adding it.  It's an old one
called CLOUDS ADRIFT.  It amazes us with its strong, tall stalks and truely
incredible huge, white, firm, long lasting blooms.
Another  wonder is our third place winner from last year called
CINDERELLA'S COACH.  What a beautiful orange with tangerine beards!
PERSIAN BERRY is being added to our favorites list since it is so strong
and the blooms are enormous.  It lives up to its description of blue
raspberry and smells really fruity.

ARILBRED BLOOM
We are debating out favorite between ALADDIN'S TREASURE and POLISHED BRASS.
 Being new to arilbreds, its like a kid in a candy store experiencing these
new to us wonders!  Polished Brass is so intricately laced with veining and
has plicata sprinkled generously.  How could all of this be on one bloom?
 Aladdin's treasure is truly a treasure!  The color is rich and velvety and
you feel like you could look at the bronze wonder forever.  Also blooming
are WATCHMAN, PRO NEWS,  PINK BETTERMENT.

STANDARD DWARF BEARDED
These are fun.  ALADDIN'S FLAME is a little wonder.  The bright blue beards
on the gold falls catch your eye.

				Steve and Sharlyn Rocha
				srocha@pacbell.net
				zone 9, region 15